Friday, June 11, 2010

This is Gonna Be a Grind

My friend Rob Orlando told me a story yesterday: It was about ancient monks who would dig a six inch hole in the ground and then jump out of it a thousand times a day. Over time they would slowly dig the hole deeper and deeper, until one day they were jumping out of a 5 foot hole. Speaking of holes, I really felt like I was in one today. This was day 16 and by far the worst I have felt thus far. I remember staring at the bar with this empty feeling saying to myself "I really don't want to do this today." Just the thought of holding that bar made my bones ache, and going down below parallel...lets just say the tin man minus the WD40 came to mind. Thanks to the encouragement of Sam and Keith at CrossFit Virtuosity, I got through it today and then hit a wod after. I hope tomorrow and the weekend in Md. at the O-Lifting Cert gives me some fresh inspiration.


Read about Amanda at: amandaredmiller.blogspot.com


Day 16: 225x3
315x3
405x3
455x2

21,15,9
135 sq clean/ring dip (ring dips were butt ugly...gotta work on those)

Skin Cancer Facts

Most of the more than 2 million cases of non-melanoma skin cancer diagnosed yearly in the United States are considered to be sun-related. Melanoma, the most serious type of skin cancer, will account for about 68,720 cases of skin cancer in 2009 and most (about 8,650) of the 11,590 deaths due to skin cancer each year.


No comments:

Post a Comment